Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Gingerbread 365 Days please.

I just want to state upfront. I am not one of those types of Starbucks People. At least I didn't think I was until I moved to London. Generally, I don't even drink coffee, coffee makes me into a mentally depressed paranoid schizophrenic.

"everybody hates me. everybody hates me. just gonna sit in this corner and rock back and forth till I feel normal again"

That was the old days though. The days before moving to the 'Land of Hot Drinks'. I have seriously never been so inundated with hot drinks in my life, every two seconds there is a tea thrust in my face. But then I learnt there is a reason for the abnormal amount of hot drink obsessing... it is fucking cold, and a warm drink does fulfil its purpose in life: to warm you.

So then I became one of those people. Specifically: a Seasonal Starbucks Person. Last year I discovered their range of Hot Seasonal Christmas Drinks and my life has never been the same since. I pretty much count down the year till Seasonal Christmas Drink Time. I walked past the Starbucks on my way to work all through October rubbernecking through the door waiting for fake snow to be plastered on the windows because fake snow can only mean one thing.

Gingerbread and Eggnog flavored Lattes. Even though I will be up all night with my heart palpitations with my chest bursting through my pyjamas unable to sleep for 2 days, and feeling slightly more paranoid about rapists on the way home, I can't stop wanting them all the time and drinking them everyday.

God I love them. But I am mad. Really Mad.
Why must I be tortured with access to these awesome flavoured drinks once a year!!!!!!! They came out this weekend and I already have end of seasonal drinks sadness.

The problem is that I only have about 8 weeks of Gingerbread and Eggnog left to drink in!! And from someone who has grown up their whole life without eggnog when it's here I just want to bathe in it. Which in turn makes me into a Starbucks Junkie. And I never wanted to be one of those people.

Damn you to Hell Starbucks!! Delicious two months of the year jerkburgers.

2 comments:

Amy said...

If they were out all year wouldn't they be a little less special, though? It's the curse of the Cadburys Creme Eggs, too...

▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

chaoticallyme said...

mmm....gingerbread latte.

I have to grab decaf's after the first two cuppa's of the day or I become crazy jittery lady too.