Saturday, September 12, 2009

Streetcar

One of the perks of my old job was an insider knowledge of the theatre world, and thusly I have two tickets to A Streetcar Named Desire, playing at the Sydney Theatre Company, starring Cate Blanchett & Joel Edgerton.

You know what gets on my goat though, how noone ever writes about Robin McLeavy also being in this production.

Hello! there are 3 intergral characters in this main cast!!!!!!

I first saw Robin in another STC production of The Great, and I knew after seeing her in that, that she was going to be Mega. A Megastar. I'm sure Streetcar will be the platform that sends her career into the stratosphere and she'll be a familiar figure walking down the Oscars carpet in a few short years.

Joel Shmoel. I brought tickets to see Robin & Cate.

Next Weekend!! Can't wait.

2 comments:

gossip said...

Just had to say word to your post. Saw the production a couple of days ago and agree with you about Robin. Been a fan of hers for a number of years now and definitely holds her own alongside Cate and Joel.

Anonymous said...

and she was on all saints last night. we get all the stars...