Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Excitement Levels: High

I am leaving for Europe in 5 days. I have been packing in my head for the past week, and finally begun the physical act of packing.. and re-packing.. and un-packing.. and mentally wearing the outfits that are packed.

I've been to the bank many times, namely to exchange my money for Pounds & Euros.. wow. talk about depressing.. $10K later and I have less than half of that to take with me, and this is during a peak exchange rate season. Remind me next time to go to Thailand where I can live like a king on $15 a day.

Not only that, but because I just exchanged 10 Bones I've been stooging and living on the 'Viet-Cong POW Diet' for the past few weeks: brown rice and a small can of tuna.. cheap! but also probably good for you in the long run. I don't see what all those POW's were complaining about. On one of my many trips to the bank, I took in my giant tin of spare change and broke the change counting machine, however I scored $70 out of that tin! so in your face... povo lady (me)

When I first started this blog it was to document my travels around the world in 2005. I can only wonder what this trip will bring the blogs of note that will follow.

Living like a local in London..
Whatever happens in Amsterdam..
Being overwhelmed by the beauty of Prague..
Having a huge argument and considering a divorce on the drive from Milan to Bellagio..

Ahh so many sites to see, so many reasons to fight on the plane.

Luckily though, this time I am fully aware of the gypsy scams and they way they'll try to get you to buy a rose at some pretty 400 year old building.. not this time buddy!!

No comments: