Monday, June 15, 2009

Bejeweled Trance

Officially. I'm not one for video games. I hate hate hate with a passion 'call of duty' and any other stupid war mongering game where you run around and shoot things. That's lame. I am very particular about the games I like, and I am very particular about the ways I play them.

For instance, when I started playing Guitar Hero, I played for 18 consecutive hours and thought i'd have to go to hospital to have my claw hand operated on. And I have been known to play old school Sonic and Super Mario Bros for hours on end.

I have found my new video game crack.
It's probably considered the lamest game in the universe.

Bejeweled is the game, and its like taking video game heroin.

Last night I thought i'd get a quick half an hour in before bed, then I look at the clock and its almost 3am!!!!!!! where the hell did 3 hours go?? Did I fall into a time portal or something? I don't understand.

The game is so simple its ridiculous. Move blocks around and line up 3 colours. Plus it makes a satisfying chinging sound when you get a row. Much like a cash-register when you make an impulse buy. Yet it's dangerous. You can't just put the game on for a quick go, you'll end up glued to the couch whilst hours disappear around you, till unbeknownst to you - the sun is rising.

And that's how I plan to spend the rest of my days.

The Claw.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I once spent four hours straight playing Bejewelled. At work. When I was supposed to be actually working. *headdesk*

( . )( . ) said...

I love this game so much and have been playing it for years, Then i decided the game and I needed a clean break. Until I bought a new phone 4 months ago... and guess what game it has on it.... oh yes, everybody dont buy an N96 it has this game on it and you will forever be killing your battery during business meetings pretending to send important texts!!

Miss A said...

Yeah I admit, I love this game too.

Hangs head in shame.

Nina said...

The Sims is my game crack. Just got Sims 3, haven't left the house in days. It's fucking amazing.

suze2000 said...

I won't tell you about Plants vs Zombies then...

Ooops!

That's what's taking up all our time right now. :)

Sarah said...

I must've spent about 10 hours straight on a flight from KL to Jo'burg playing bejewelled a couple of years ago (cos I'm incapable of sleeping on a plane and the movies were all shit)... *somehow* I haven't felt the inclination to play it since, but I am grateful for the zombifying time-wasting effect it had on me at the time, otherwise I probably would've gone crazy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like TETRIS