Thursday, December 04, 2008

Lamepoint Tower

When I was a kid in the 80's we moved to Sydney when I was 8 years old. Upon my arrival in Sydney one mystical tower enthralled and excited me beyond belief.

Centrepoint Tower

Wow. Talk about a lame overrated piece of shit building these days.

Centrepoint is sooooooooo 80's. I'm not impressed anymore.

Once upon a time this building was probably pretty tall. I remember it being an adventurous occasion to go in the lift. ZOMG!!! we're going up 30 stories!!! no way!!

However, we have built bigger and better buildings since 1981. I think i've been in higher buildings at Westfield Bondi.

One thing I do miss about the 80's in the city, was they used to have these siiiiiic Lego Exhibitions, usually in Centrepoint or David Jones and you'd go into a whole floor and EVERYTHING was made out of Lego. Lego Mermaid, Lego Pirate Ship, Lego Ocean.. Why did this stop? Lego is fucking awesome. I would pay to see this again.

Centrepoint Tower however, I spit in your general direction.

2 comments:

Darryn King said...

I remember those Lego exhibitions. They were amazing. There also used to be Lego Days at the Rocks, where you'd just go and build shit. Awesome.

Don Draper said...

Lego and christmas present combined...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/sitelets/christmasbook/fantasy.jhtml?cid=OCBF9_NMO3602&cmCat=christmas&icid=NMCBpage75