Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yip Yip Yip

If there is one thing I love in this world. It's MUPPETS. I love Jim Henson. My childhood is marked with Jim Henson videos. Nothing beats a good Jim Henson film.

Which is why if you love Muppets like I do - you need to read this:

The 8 Most Underrated Muppets

Grover aside, I loved the little guys who lived in Ernies flowerbox. So cute.

I feel sorry for my unborn children who have to grow up in a world with 'Sanitised' Sesame Street. How good can a TV show be if the writers aren't on acid? I learnt so much about the world from 80's Sesame Street. If I had to choose my dream job, it would be to work at the Jim Henson studios in LA.

Die Elmo.

5 comments:

unique_stephen said...

die elmo die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaHpl7CmRU

sharnee said...

Oh, I forgot about Mr. Johnson! I always felt his pain when he ordered something and Grover buggered it up.

I liked all the footage of NYC kids doin' stuff too - like making jelly and playing. It's very very clean cut now.

epskee said...

i am sooooo with you on this! i luuurrrvve muppets.

Mr Johnson was always just like my dad, grumpy old bugger! bert was always my boring little sister, and i always wanted to take snuffy home, even if he was a little on the slow side.

those little guys from the windowsill are GREAT. I still have a book that I read to my son where you can press a few buttons and hear them sing "twiddle twiddle bug! twiddle twiddle bug!"

My son now thinks im retarded because it always makes me laugh.

I dont care. they are THE COOLEST

Sarah said...

Oscar was always my favourite, but of the 8 most underrated muppets I used to love the yipyip martians best.

Sesame street these days is nowhere near as good as it used to be...

Jo said...

I'm still looking for a boyfriend like Animal.
Fucking musicians.