Friday, October 17, 2008

Ticketek5000

I'm kind of a big deal.

In the industry I work in, I get invited to a lot of theatre/showcases/premiers to look for talent and decide whether or not they are a person of interest for the company.

Some of these are good, some are mind numbingly bad, however - this is my job, and I take what I do seriously. I therefore get lots of tickets thrown at me, my name is 'on the list'.. which seems cooler than it actually is, because half the people running 'the list' are completely fucking retarded.

It is not fun when you trek out to some theatre on a thursday night, only to find that the moron running the ticket booth can't find your tickets. I booked the tickets, I confirmed the tickets, you sent an email to me this afternoon saying "dont forget your tickets" and now I have no tickets??

Are you kidding me!!!

Normally I can wrangle myself a ticket, after all - I am not some crazy pleb off the street trying to scam a free show, this is a professional obligation. But sometimes the idiot sitting behind the ticket counter defines new levels of stupidity that I sometimes just wish that we could replace humans with robots and be done with it.

You have to wonder what sort of training process ticketek puts their staff through, I can only assume so far its "take tickets out of pigeon-hole and hand over counter" training, as it doesn't seem like "problem solving" or "customer service" is up there in their list of priorities.

These are simple procedures you can program into a machine. A machine isn't likely to fuck around for 10 mins on a computer before turning to you and going "well they aren't here...... " and staring blankly at you for another 2 minutes... and??! do you think maybe you could sort the problem out? I don't want to be the person that waves their arms around saying "don't you know who I am??! you're making a big mistake mister!!!"


A lot of people hate "the machines".... assembly workers.... manufacturers.... sarah connor... But life would be so much easier if robots were running the show.. for one, its a lot harder to get angry at a ticketek5000 robot.. look how cute he is!!!!!

Down with Humans
Up with Robots

1 comment:

*~Dani~* said...

Actually, in this instance, it sounds like you were dealing with a robot (i.e. the ticket taker). A normal human being can problems solve and bend rules, robots cannot. They just look at the date in front of them.

Of course the ticketek5000 robot you have pictured is pretty darn cute!