Saturday, October 04, 2008

Not an Impulse Buy

Sometimes you buy things, things that serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. sometimes its a jacket that will languish in the wardrobe for eternity, sometimes its the worlds most expensive yet foot cripplingly uncomfortable shoes, sometimes it's a lipstick that translates to 'hooker face' when you get it home under the normal lighting..

................And sometimes its an antique ornamental brass-silver plated cat



What can I say??

It got into my brain.

I saw it in the shop window and I thought to myself.. "thats a nice silver cat"

then for the weeks that ensued everytime I went past the cat I would go "I should get that cat" "thats one damn nice cat statue"

however, it costs $250

$250 for a fake cat!

I could buy one really good pure breed burmese cat for that, or at least 250 crappy flea infested cats from some hobo.

So the argument of need vs want raged inside me for a week or so when I thought "fuck it! I can not live without that cat!"

so now I have it.

Dont really know what to do with it.

Lenny doesn't seem to know what to think.

At least I know I'll get some good use out of my Mr Sheen bottle.

"i'm going to stay home and polish my cat" just took on a whole new meaning.

3 comments:

*~Dani~* said...

$250 is a lot for a silver cat but it may be worth it for the last line of your post. Loved it!

KittyMeow said...

LOL :-D I like the silver cat. Both of them ;-)

Steph said...

meh! I've paid more for pussy before.