Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BYO Yogi

I'm getting spiritual, I'm cursing a lot less, and haven't mutilated and dumped a homeless person's corpse in the harbour in like a week.. things are lookin up!

Seriously though, in these times of a great depression (financial) and anxiety (turning 30 crisis) where does one look for guidance. Sure the box of anti-depressants can come in handy as a band-aid solution, but thats not going to keep me from putting my head in the oven forever now is it?

What one needs is a Yogi.

A person of guidance who can tell you what you need to do to fix the broken things inside.

I have many Yogi's.. I don't think they know they're my Yogi's, but every good thing that has happened in my life can be contributed to a good Yogi's advice.

Of late my Yogi's have instructed me to get accupuncture to treat the harbouring sadness trapped inside my liver - who knew?? i'm very livery. Apparently all those bad things get stuck in there and sticking needles in my forehead will allieviate the cramps I get in my feet. It's all connected. Your body is one huge emotional roadmap of inter-connecting messages. You might think that the humilation you felt when you were 9 years old has nothing to do with having itchy eyelids, but you'd be wrong.

I'm going to Pilates, eating less red-meat (because yes I am a self indulgent scrubber who is incapable of kicking the habit all together) getting jabbed like a pin-cushion, and who knows maybe one day i'll sign up for therapy and beat the shit out of a bean-bag with a tennis racquet.

Basically i'm turning into Madonna.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Go and get a Yogi, and keep away from my pic-a-nic basket.

1 comment:

*~Dani~* said...

Please don't turn into Madonna circa right now. She scares me.