Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let's play House-o

You ever get into a lazy funk? when you're like "ehhh i won't wash my hair tonight..." then the next day you're like "ehhhh i'll just wear a hat tomorrow" and eventually it becomes a personal challenge to see how long you can go before your hair comes to life and strangles you in the night.

And then you open the fridge.

Ehhhhhhh.. who can be bothered shopping? i'll just 'make do' with what ingredients we have in the fridge. Meanwhile 6 days later and you're eating cheese on stolen toast.

This is a little game I like to play called "playing house-o" (housing commission)... when you see how long you can go without buying food (stealing is ok)

wow. this week is gonna be tough.. but its definitely do-able, it's all about being creative with ingredients.

Champagne & Porridge
Potato and Pineapple rings
Chocolate Sauce on Straws
Frozen peas and Taco Sauce

I reckon, I could get at least another 5 days out of what we have going, ofcourse it is totally acceptable to steal food from other peoples houses and places of work, afterall, the game is "house-o" not "ethiopian".

Eventually we aim to look like this:
Martin Henderson in Little Fish... Sexy!!!!!!
I should have my own show, it would be way better than that shit Jamie Oliver comes up with, this is real life..(for heroin addicts): House-O Dinners
Call now for your recipe : Baked Bean Lasagne, and for dessert Half-Set Jelly Crystals and that white wine that was given to us last christmas.

8 comments:

KittyMeow said...

Hehehe genius! I live alone so thats what my fridge looks like pretty much all the time.

unique_stephen said...

Ours is all fresh fruit 'n veg and half a slab of beer

( . )( . ) said...

I do the same thing, my fridge is currently a little more well stocked then yours, but really, who can be fucked grocery shopping. Half the time the shops close before I get a chance to get to them.... bargghhhh

Helen said...

I regularly go shoping once every two weeks, and cook once a week and live off leftovers. You'd be surprised by how much you can do with a whole lot of unrelated leftovers!

Bedazzler said...

You can usually at least make some kind of fudge (not the ass kind), that has most vitamins and minerals, not to mention fibre.

blokeman said...

ahh yeah playing hous-o is the name of the game at the moment.

A stint of exploding water heaters, electrical wiring and re-wiring, and flights back and forth to Sydney have put us below the poverty line for a fortnight. Luckily we have enough condiments to make some kind of condiment soup.

However the dogs seem to still be eating fine, maybe its time to slaughter one and have Hot Cavalier King Charles Dog with dried dog food sprinkles

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

my boyfriend has apple juice with his cereal in the morning.

try it.

Epskee said...

I play house-oh all the time. At the moment I seem to have accidently stumbled into a game of my-mums-a-crack-whore, but its ok because once it gets boring I'll just go back to watching Nigella Lawson on TV