Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It's time to go... Mandarin Pubes

That's right.. and no i'm not referring to Nicole Kidman.. I'm talking about real life mandarin pubes.

About 10ish years ago, some smart fruit-lover invented the seedless watermelon. Genius. I would never go back to seeds. But who is running the "delicious, but annoying fruit" laboratory now?? its been awhile since someone has sorted out annoying but tasty fruit.

Can they please start with Mandarin Hairs?

These mandarin pubes make eating a mandarin a 10 minute project. Is it worth it? Hardly. The amount of energy the mandarin provides would be far outweighed by the time spent picking off annoying hairs.

That's the problem with winter. No good fruit. I'm cold, I'm wet, I get home in the dark, and I can't eat a mandarin without going blind picking the stupid pubes off. Can't a gal catch a break?

Get back to work scientists. You can't live off the 'seedless watermelon' high forever.

Revolution!!!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're the only other person I know of who does that! I can't eat mandarin at work or in public because I have to sit there and pick off all the 'pubes' (though I've never called them that!) before I consider it edible... It's definitely not the convenient fruit it's made out to be!

Sarah said...

Geez there were way too many exclamation marks in that comment... I don't talk like a children's television show presenter in real life, I swear.

Jacob said...

I eat the mandarin, pubes and all. I'm a dirty fruitslut.

kiki said...

"Is it worth it? Hardly. The amount of energy the mandarin provides would be far outweighed by the time spent picking off annoying hairs."

a weight loss phenomenon perhaps?

kr said...

Am I the only one who eats them all fuzzed up?

I suppose I could rationalise by thinking of it as my daily dose of insoluble fibre. But, frankly, I am a lazy slut and it just never even occurred to me that the pith should be peeled off. They taste okay with it; well, to my unrefined palate anyway.