Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Space Junk

what are you supposed to do if a piece of spacejunk falls on you or crushes your house? who're you gonna call. goddam nobody actually.



there are currently shitloads of satellites and space-crap orbitting the earth (including rubbish bags from old space stations). and if one of these pieces of crap should careen off its trajectory. its goodbye brain. hello steel plate in my head.

noone is going to claim responsibility for a piece of crap that falls out of the sky and punctures your skull. (unless the lackey who engineered such crap put a sticker "property of huge space nerd" on it)

and I for one am not happy about this.

for years I have put off wearing a helmet around on a daily basis, but after Natalie Portman made it cool in Garden State, I am less worried about lookin like a huge dork, and more concerned about keeping the firing neutrons that work in my head in-tact.

call me paranoid if you will, but i'll be the one laughing on the other side of the fence when you're all walking around with swiss cheese holes in your noggins.

Now.. where to get a helmet?? I find it hard enough to find a pair of jeans that fit properly, let alone a stylish yet protective helmet to go with everyday outfits.. (would I get a second helmet for going out? the 'dressy helmet' if you will??)

I want something that says "safety first" but that also says "fashionably not insane" perhaps this:



I like it. goes with silver or gold jewellery, and has nice flaps over the ears to lower wind-resistance and storing my i-pod headphones in.

Yessir I'd like to get me some o that!

3 comments:

MikeFitz said...

Your blog needs more commenters. It's brilliant.

Rach said...

i agree

the comments justify that I should be ditching work and writing more

Rach said...

i agree

the comments justify that I should be ditching work and writing more