Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Are You Excited??!!! ... yeah no

sorry for all the banal wedding posts - but to be honest, there isnt much else happening in my life right now..

You know what's really getting on my goat, everytime I see someone they ask me the inevitable question: Are You Excited!!??!!

Not Really.

Does that make me Dead Inside?? I'm too busy worrying about getting myself organised and stressing about things going well on the day to really be excited right now.

It doesn't really go down well with people... Perhaps I should take some exstacy every morning so I can be as exuberant as people expect me to be.

When you deadpan back to someone with a "yeah.... whatevs" you just know they are thinking "well there's a marriage that's not going to last"...

Sorry, but we cant all be like Richard Simmons all the time.



Another thing grinding my gears is the 'wedding dance'.. I hate slow dancing, I hate public displays of affection. I dont want to be like two drugged up koalas pawing all over each other. At any rate - the song we are dancing to is an Aerosmith song, so perhaps we'll just blow up a beach-ball, paint it brown and pretend we are hiding from a Killer Asteroid.

10 comments:

surfercam said...

Just some of the reasons I hope to never get married....

Anonymous said...

You should totally do this for your wedding dance....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBaVm7K6Do&feature=related
It's my favourite song too!

Sez said...

Oh please let it be "Janine's got a gun" or "Walk this way!"

Jo said...

Hey there
Havent commented before but I am getting married in 2 weeks two and a half weeks (Feb 23rd) in NZ. I have been EXACTLY the same as you - am so bloody over everyone asking me if Im excited, and I am also right there with you on the wedding dance. I actually had tears the other night and asked the boy if we could just not do one at all. He's keen to though, which is even worse. Who'd have bloody thought...!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that there is someone out there who feels exactly the same!!!!

Jo
www.creating-wellness.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are one fucking funny bitch, lol i love reading your stuff, boo hoo I just finished reading all your past posts, yep right up till July 2006, read it in reverse order just coz I'm that gifted. So anyways, just wanna say since I'm reading this stuff now write more, more more more, by the powerrrr of Greyskull I command you, otherwise what will I read???? don't you care, at all??? whats wrong with you woman!!!

yeah, i write alot of crap.

I also don't like public displays of affection, especially at your wedding coz your parents, his parents, relatives are all there, back in the day when i had a serious bf i'd think about our wedding n be like "fuck i cant kiss him in front of my parents but maybe a quick peck will be okay coz every1 expects you to kiss so they know its coming" argh, anyways, as for the dancing, you'll have on an elaborate dress, no1 can expect you to rock the floor in that, so no worries :)

luvsies - Chantal

Anonymous said...

Is the song love in an elevator?? dude looks like a lady? or crying?
x

Sarah said...

After the wedding that question will be replaced with "So... do you feel any different?!"

Anonymous said...

Sarah - and... so, any kiddie plans?

We did NOT do a bridal dance because it was our wedding and we didn't want to.

Our wedding was reasonably traditional-looking, but if there were any traditions we thought sucked arse, we ditched em. Bridal dance is one of them, it just wasn't 'us' so it got the chop.

brunettestrippedbare.wordpress.com

Rach said...

hey chantal,

if you loved that - you should read my first blog

http://adyingstar.wordpress.com/

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Oh my God that's funny and original! I'm killing myself laughing at the idea of a giant brown beachball and the two of you running around trying to hid from it! LMFAO!!!

Don't stress girl...stuff it...it's part of the emotion to stress and if you're not "pleasing" people by doing cartwheels every time you're asked if you're excited, well stuff 'em!