Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ratchet & Clank - Girlfriends Review


I admit. I am not a big gamer, but when my signif begs me to allow him to time to play on the stupid PS3 I would much rather be watching a cute game, than some loud idiotic war game. Hence I don't hate Ratchet & Clank. Much.
I am a spectator, I have absolutely no skills when it comes to playing these things and I die within the first 2 seconds, so as a girlfriend it's fun to be part of a game for once.
Whether that input revolves around 'helping out' - "use the gelanator you idiot"
'support' "dive under the water moron, otherwise the bombs will explode you, did you die? suck shit."
Or just provide additional commentary throughout the entire game "who is that guy? why dont you go in the water.....go in the water....go in the water.... why cant you fly? use the lever, climb up that plant. you need some health, ooh a master bolt.. what does it do?"
Ratchet & Clank doesn't suck much, and I am quite content to laze around in a semi vegetative trance staring at the screen providing my thoughts to my signif, mainly just to annoy him and ruin whatever amount of gameplay he tries to get in.
However when asked "so is this game good?" the answer is "there are no good games, only slightly less pathetic games than the last game..." (aside from perhaps Guitar Hero III which I am yet to purchase.)
Stabometer Rating.. meh.. This game relaxes me into a trance so that I barely have the energy and the will to pick up a stabbing utensil at all.

4 comments:

blokeman said...

I am suddenly reminded of teenage days lazing around playing those Oddworld Abe's exodus games......'member?

( . )( . ) said...

I am the same, really dont get video games. But I remember I was addicted to watching my sister play final fantasy 7. That game took bloody ages to finish but I loved watching it.

kiki said...

sounds to me like the makers of this game are employing some serious mind control for potential world domination...

Steph said...

I love games where you gotta kill people. GTA is the best ever. You get to stomp on hookers, have sex and then shoot people. How fun is that!