Friday, December 07, 2007

anything but Scalene


If I have a daughter, I think i'll name her Isosceles.

I think its a pretty name. Very Romanesque. Hints of 'Alexander the Great.. my mother is having sex with a snake and my dad is super-gay'

Way better than 'Scalene'.. what a hideous name. If someone was called Scalene they would by all measures be completely mental and end up living in a park and have trees and bins as best friends.

No No Isosceles it is.

'Triangle' isn't too bad either.. sort of in that Gwyneth Paltrow 'Apple' kinda way. If she even thinks for a second about naming her 3rd child 'Triangle' though she better watch out. I baggsed it. Screw You Gwyneth, come up with your own names!!!!!!

Forever Yours,
Isosceles xxx

8 comments:

unique_stephen said...

Would you call a boy triangle man, he could fight Particle Man

Rach said...

ahhh.. that was quality.

person man also sounds good.

although I am def going with Triangle.

M.b.r.a.i.n said...

Not bad. But equilateral sounds more balanced.

Sarah said...

I'm imagining 'Scalene' being pronounced with a bogan accent, a la 'Schappelle'.

It's not pretty.

Cazzie!!! said...

Right Angle would be fun too..NOT

kiki said...

"Very Romanesque. Hints of 'Alexander the Great.. my mother is having sex with a snake and my dad is super-gay"

so are they roman or greek?

Moi said...

I knew a couple that were having a baby and the husband wanted to call it Pythagoras, as in Pythagoras' Theorum.

Instead they used that as inspiration for the baby's second name, and called him Oscar Py!

Chris said...

I'm Scalene, a regular internet user, and I'm shocked that you consider my name gay.

Seriously, I've always used Scalene - or Scales - since I was 12.