Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Free Blow

I am officially banned from talking about my hair within the confines of my house, and I will be officially banned from talking about it on my blog, because most people would wonder "how long can one person obsess about their hair for?" well, let me tell you, I can obsess 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

My Final Hair Gripe: I sorted out my frissues, I took a zillion photos down to the trendy european hairdresser on Oxford St, I made sure that he wouldnt cut it too "blunt" nor too "choppy"... what I failed to do was mention that he is to keep his crazy scissors away from the bulk of my locks.

I wanted a trim you f*cker. Trim the split ends off. Trim the 2 inches we agreed upon. Trim does not mean any of the following: 6 inches off, layers, feathering, fugly fright wig. Goddammit.

Do you really have to make a point of saying " I want a 2 inch trim - that does not include - layers, feathering, razor cut, all my hair cut off, shaving my neck, making me look like a KISS wig" Are they just looking for loopholes? "oooh she didnt tell me NOT to cut chunks off the back of her head.. "

Sufficed to say - I walked out of there slightly fuming, but still looking midly hot, as everyone looks like a supermodel with professionally blowdried hair. So I decided to milk the blowdry for everything it was worth, then washed it a week later.. and yes, like I had anticipated.. Fright Wig.

I wrote an email to the hairdressers, saying that I did not ask for this frightwig, and that unfortunately I dont have have any hairdressing elves living in my bathroom to blowdry it, so what the hell am I supposed to do now? Should I cut into again myself and try to rectify the hideousness??? Bah.... Do hairdressers have free reign on another persons hair? Should I be able to walk out without paying when the hairdresser cuts off 3 times more than I asked for and says "oh it was too long anyway" yeah, to me its not. When I pay a guy to paint my house, he does it in the colour I ask in the right places, he doesn't decide to paint some windows with polka dots and take the door off the hinges and expect to be congratulated and paid in full.

To my surprise the manager called me to apologise and offered me a month of free blow dries, which was extremely generous and kind of him. Although I still have these hideous layers and feathering atrocities to grow out. At least i'll have something to look forward to. Besides the year was flying by wayyy to quickly for my liking, now it will drag by like a mofo as I run into the bathroom every 2 seconds to brush it and pose to see how long it's grown in the past 24 hours.

Down with Hair
Up with Hats

3 comments:

PEACE CORP said...

FOTOS OF SUPERMODEL LOOK!!

EBAY IS A DILEMMA FIRST FEW TIMES, DONCHA HAVE A LOCAL RAG OR BILLBORD TO PUT ON, LIKE @ IGA, COLES OR SUMFIN TO SELL THE TIX.

AHH NAMBI PAMBIS ON EBAY, GET OVER IT, SAID BUYER MUST B A SUPERFLOUS A**HOLE! YEAH EBAY POLICE WTF!!!
NO LOSS THERE. HOPE U SELL THEM

River said...

Hats and Turbans! Hats and Turbans! And pretty scarves to draw peoples eyes away from your hair. Or you could LIE for a few months and say "I wanted it this way, I absolutely am so in love with it right now" Remembering all the while that it WILL grow, after all, that's what hair does.

SP said...

And that why I get my hair done at a cheap place on Brunswick st, $22 and they do what I ask for, so I'm not stuck with hair that needs to be styled everyday. A quick brush in the money & I'm ready to go!