Friday, August 10, 2007

Caaaarch

One of my biggest dreams in life is own a really really nice couch. A heroin for your ass type couch... When I was 15 my best-friend and I used to go to the couch section of Grace Bros at Warringah Mall and hang out with a packet of Tim Tams and soak in the comfyness of this amazing couch they had, and made a pact that when we were grown-up's we'd buy a couch just like it.

I am officially a grown up.

On my search for the Dream-Couch I looked everywhere, I really think they should open up a place called "the couch emporium" or "just couches" as its really tiring when you have to sift through other furniture when all you are interested in is couches.

Then we found it.. THE BARTON... sitting in it is like sitting in a marshmallow... sooo soft.
I had to do some 'testing' to see if it was the right couch for me.. lying down *shoes off* sprawled out on my side, spooning, reading, reading then napping, one leg over the couch.. Sure the other customers were looking at me like I was mental, but how am I supposed to know if the couch is good, if I dont try it in realistic couch lazing positions?? I could start a class called "couch yoga" and the most comfy positions you can do on a 4 seater.

So we signed our contract and the couch will be delivered in 6 - 8 weeks. Till then I am sneering and saying snide comments about our old crappy couches behind their backs. "stupid 3 seater, how am I supposed to do the Orangotang move if I dont have enough room"

12 comments:

River said...

What a coincidence! I'm going couch shopping tomorrow morning. I'm getting two two-seaters as we are both on the small side so we can lounge in one each.

redcap said...

Come on, missy - you didn't really take a pack of Tim-Tams to a furniture store when you were 15, did you? Fifteen-year-olds have way better things to do than go to furniture stores ~sprung in a bloggy fib?~

Ha, River! Quelle cowinkydink! We also have two two seaters and we each lie on one. I have to share mine with the cat, as puss won't deign to share Bloke's, but that's OK. I can deal with that.

Stiletto said...

haha! that's a new and clever way of couch-shopping =) wish I would have read this before purchasing my couch about one year ago...would have liked it to be a little bit more marshmallowish =(
...it's good for spooning though =P
congrats and look luck with your new barton!

Kelly said...

I will be shopping for a new couch shortly... and I am so excited!

When I bought my new washer and dryer I couldn't stop telling people about it. even though it was just a freaking washer and dryer! I loved it though! It def feels like you are growing up when you buy the big stuff like that!

Post a pic and let us see it when it arrives!

Rach said...

sorry redcap but them's the truth...

Leisa will vouch for us.

Every weekend - Grace Bros - couch stalking, then bagging out the surfers at the chicken shop.

I had a wholesome adolescence.

Yoffi said...

When I grow up I too want to own a really nice couch. Maybe something red. Or navy. And really really comfy.

Mex said...

i cant WAIT to be grown up and purchse a proper couch. matching furniture just seems so novel. at the moment im using one that came with the flat and one that i got free from friends of a friends. not the best for any of those moves you describe.

River said...

Mex-for instant matching just throw a couple of identical bedspreads over your couches. For that "put together" look get the bedspreads in a colour that will tie in with your curtains.

redcap said...

Wow. Hats removed, etc. I used to dream of breaking my ankles just so I wouldn't have to go furniture shopping when I was a kiddle...

leis said...

*sniff* I remember that couch - You had an ass dent in it.
that was one mota-trucking good ouch. so soft and comfortable.
congrats!

Leisa said...

ha - Just read Redcaps comment - it is SO true.
and sometimes, I would go with the girls and there would still be crumbs on the couch! good times!

rememebr the guy from the chicken shop who did that girl in the bum becauise she was fat and on her rags? 'up the bum Justin'
harbord will forever have THE best chips and gravy...mmm...

Rach said...

mmmm Chips and Gravy...
I miss those days.

i cant help but laugh when i think about those stupid chickenshop retards, i mean EVERY single day hanging out a chicken shop?? wtf!!

at least we varied our ghey hanging places between our own homes, Myer, Mall Music and the Park for getting stoned in.

memorrrrrrrrries

*have you seen the blue lighter??