Monday, July 09, 2007

SMASHED CAKE


I suffer from some form of: Singing Happy Birthday and Cake-A-Phobia.
All my life, I have HATED with passion the stupid tradition that is SINGING and CAKE.. As a child I used to either a) run away and hide until the singing stopped or if I was feeling really horrified b) smash the cake up - then hide under the table.
Can you think of anything more terrifying to a child? than Everyone standing around staring at you and singing under the glare of candlelight?? that amounts to child abuse.
So yeah anyway, today you can feel my "joy" when I was accosted at work with a huge crowd of everyone I work with with a mudcake and candles singing Happy Birthday to me..
EEEEEEEEEEK
I've only been here a month, I dont want them to see me crawling around under my desk rubbing my arms together drooling chanting "happy place, happy place".. so i sucked it up and let them get on with their so called "festivities"
Ergh Cake!!!!
NOTE: I was actually quite touched that they cared enough and knew it was my birthday, that they thought to get a cake, candles and sing to me.. mmmmm Happiness Overflowing Inside.. Its like when the Grinch's heart explodes at Christmas... Stupid Nice People with their hugs and kisses and singing and mudcake and wellwishing... Damn those wonderful people to hell.

5 comments:

redcap said...

Oh, I hear you. Everyone stares at you while you want the floor to open up and swallow you. Just bring out the cake already cut up. I'm happy to eat it - I just don't want you to sing to me.

babydoll said...

On a completely unrelated topic....


Have you ever considered a new look for Lenman?

babydoll said...

And now that I've actually caught up... Happy Birthday Rach, for whenever it was...

Lad Litter said...

Happy Birthday, ADS. I understand the distaste for the singalong. Hope the post-work festivities steered clear of your childhood phobias.

Mex said...

ooooo! mud cake! Happy Birthday!