Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nerd

What did I do this weekend?? I sat on the couch forming an ass-groove to rival all ass-grooves and read the final Harry Potter book.

I never really considered myself one of those Potter-Nerds, I was quite happy to wait till the book came out in paperback so I could buy a copy to fit in with the rest of my collection.... but I brought it anyway.. and for the past 48 hours I have not moved ONCE from the couch.

I had a party to go to - a cool party with free food and cocktails and a gaggle of gays to show my ridiculously white teeth to.. but the couch beckoned, Potter had priority.

I stayed awake till 3am reading as much as I could last night, dreaming of Inferis, Resurrection Stones, Crumple Horned Snorkacks, till I woke up and got back onto the couch and kept reading.. till the end.

I havent eaten, I havent bathed, I have been wearing the same underpants from 2 days ago. Starving, Smelly, Crusty.

There was a code of silence understood in the apartment, do not talk to me, or ask questions about the book with fear of a beating. Silence Prevails.

But it was worth it.

NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM is my hero.

POTTER NERD!!!!!!! Big Time.

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

Amen, amen, and amen. I was also up until 3am, trying to read all night thru, but caved when I had to start propping my eyelids up with toothpicks. I also read (unwashed, unshaven, but NOT unfed) all the way through Saturday. Finished around 8:00 Saturday night.

WOW. WOW. WOW. I don't know what else to say, so I'll bugger off.