Friday, April 27, 2007

Things I am sick of Hearing

" We really enjoyed meeting you.... BUT"
"We think you're a really great person..... BUT"

You know, doing the whole rejection phone call would be a lot easier to palette if people didn't try and sugarcoat it by saying how "great" you are.. cos clearly, they don't think you're that great, otherwise they would be hiring you.

It's like the time some jerk broke up with me a day before my birthday saying he was 'moving overseas'.. when he in fact, wanted to move to Manly to be with his other girlfriend.

I aint stupid.

If I don't get a job soon, i'm going to have to do the only thing available to a woman in my position...and that is, have a baby... and call it "no other option"...

STINKS!!!!!!!

Note to God: One more week.. then i'm ovulating and I really dont want to have a kid out of desperation in needing to do something with my life, i'd rather have one cos i was really drunk and forgot to take the Pill.. the 'natural way'..

10 comments:

redcap said...

Right, things are obviously getting desperate. You can type, right? Call Media Monitors and ask if they have any monitor gigs going. You get to listen to more talkback radio than you ever wanted to hear, but you're extremely well-informed for dinner parties.

Leisa said...

Redcap, I might take that idea myself, I mean, really, we all need to listen to a little more talk back, Don't we?!?!?

Unc said...

What about being a surrogate mother for someone else...all positive ..get to test run womb and birth canal etc.

Could also keep you very financial for some time....

Unc....full of ideas...

redcap said...

When too much talkback is barely enough... Meh, who am I kidding? You get paid for it. That's what matters.

Cazzie!!! said...

Hope ya get something sooon then !!

phishez_rule said...

Don't do it! Babies are smelly and sticky and they cost lots. Not to mention that pregnancy's a bitch and it turns your brain to mush and ruins any chance you ever had to make something of your life and make a difference to the world.

Yeah. I'm so not ready for kids myself.

Mummy B said...

yeah, what phish said!!

Mummy B said...

...though I would have to disagree with "and ruins any chance you ever had to make something of your life and make a difference to the world".....it really depends on YOU...though once a Mum always a Mum...it isn't ALL you are and I guess it all depends on where your priorities lie. If you've dreamed of travelling the world, getting a PHD or long to be a Big Brother housemate...then yes having a baby would put those things out of the picture for many years.
Clearly you wouldn't make this decision on a whim, but definately think through the kind of life you'd like to be living in 5 years. There's always jobs out there and your oven will be in good working order for many years to come....

...the stinky, sticky, expensive and turning brain to moosh bits of Phish's comment were spot on.

(I've illustrated this fully with my need to correct myself with a second comment...cause I'm a spaz and it didn't fully process until I'd already commented *doh*)

Rach said...

i think the surrogate thing could be an idea... something to do.. something to write about.

All i really want to do is find something I like doing for those 8 hours a day.

preferrably in an office where I only have to catch one form of Public Transport.

have unlimited internet access

work with cool peeps in my age-bracket (or within the closest generation)

have a microwav for re-heating leftovers.

pays enough so I can afford yearly trips to Europe/America

have an in-house childcare centre (for when I have the bebehs)

hmmm oh and work with a bunch of hunks who wear king-gees all day and do lots of lifting and stretching.

Is that too much to ask???

redcap said...

I think you're going to have to be the desk bitch in a high-class man brothel. Or possibly own said high-class man brothel.