Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm Bringin Dorky Back



Upon arrival at Coffs Harbour RSL for some much needed Pub Grub, it was to my astonishment to notice that we had arrived on the very first night of the KARAOKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - HEAT 1.

Hello!!!!!! Singing is totally my thing, I sing it up good when I'm cooking dinner each night, finally an opportunity to showcase my vocal skills and dance stying.

Pretty much every other contestant sucked. How unorginal to sing Alanis Morissette, or Wind Beneath My Wings (yawwwwwwwn)... I rocked the roof off with my rendition of Justin Timberlake "SEXY BACK" (get your sexy on.. I dont know the words.. but get your sexy on)... That was just my warm-up song. I set the house on fire with my rendition of 'SORRY' by Madonna.

Picture this: Me, speaking french, writhing on the ground with Madonna angst, moonwalking, Vogueing, I danced up a storm that at the end of my performance the MC said "and who says Coffs Harbour's got no talent".. which is ironic, because a) i have no talent. and b) i'm not from Coffs Harbour.

Alas I lost out to the Phillipino girl who sung some boring Mariah Carey song, and to some other girl who sang some bland country shit..

RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lad Litter said...

You didn't just sing by the sound of it, you performed! I've posted on my blog about karaoke. Karaoke is the sort of thing you fall into, rather than seek out, and that's probably the fun of it.

redcap said...

Karaoke scares the living fuck out of me. I tried it once and I'm fairly sure I nearly caught leprosy in the attempt...

surfercam said...

HAHAHAHA
Nice one Rach!
I bet the flashing midriff went down a treat with the 70 year olds...

Cazzie!!! said...

I cannot believe it, it is a conspiracy I say...a little Phillipino girl, lady, won the karaoke here too, 1ooo bucks !!! She sang Tina Turner's Simply the Best and shot through with Hot Stuff!!! (She was good though)

Darryn said...

Dude. You know the drill. Can I steal this for our letters section? And have you got any more articles for me? You have my email...

-- Darryn