Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bye Bye Stinkin Double Bay

Hooooooooooooooorahhhhhhhhhhh!
Today is my last day I will ever work in this psychotic suburb ever again.
Things I will not miss:
How people don't make eye-contact. Ever. A bit of humanity goes a long way. When you give me my change, or take my order and don't look at me, I think, Am I here? Do I exist? Who knows. Perhaps I am invisible in Double Bay.
The Bus, full of dero's and school kids, and one particular woman who smells like she bathes in Paprika.
The 'fire-escape'

My most loathed place in this stinkhole. At least it came in handy for waxing my legs the other day.

Most of all I will not miss THE FERRY, THE PARK, THE LONELINESS, THE QUIET, GETTING HOME IN THE DARK, GOING TO WOOLWORTHS EVERY DAY AND EATING A BLAND ROLL IN THE LANEWAY, AND THE CRAZY SHIT I DEAL WITH IN THE OFFICE EVERYDAY.

I was considering a big send-off for myself, like taking my chair and riding it to the wharf, setting it on fire, chucking it into the harbour, and having it be a place for Pelicans to perch on in Low Tide.

Alas I think my final salute will have to be something a little more subdued.

Farewell Stinktown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

that pic is gross. lol. naughty girl.

Marcheline said...

CONGRATS! I, too, have just escaped a work hellhole. I may have landed in another one, but it's closer to home, so it's better.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your new adventures!

- M

Steph said...

Woohoooo! Freedom!
Prepare for the next chapter my sweet. Things gotta get better.