Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sadness

I am dealing with a load of grief at the moment. My favourite thai-take away joint is closing. *SOB*. 3 Times Thai is my regular feed on a Tuesday, and sometimes Thursday, depending on how lazy i'm feeling.

I jet in there direct from the gym, stinking it up and they love it! I am guaranteed a special treat everytime, free entrees in the form of Money Bags, Dim Sims, Curry Puffs... but the dream is ending.... And I am sad.

So as a homage to 3 Times Thai - here is song I have written for you *to the tune of American Pie*

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How pad thai used to make me smile.
And I knew when I finish the gym
That I could get a cheap dim-sim
And, maybe, I’d be happy for a while.

But december brought me bad news
and ever since I’ve had the blues
No more listening to Kenny G
No more free entrĂ©e’s for me.

I can’t remember if I cried
When I heard about the shops demise
But something touched me deep inside
The day the 3 times thai died

So bye-bye, 3 times thai
you made the best mee krob
and I’ve read your issue of Cleo 14 times
And everybody thinks you make the best pad-thai
singing ‘goodbye 3 Times Thai’
"Goodbye 3 Times Thai"

Parody writing is my calling. I wonder if Weird Al Yankovich needs an apprentice??

6 comments:

kate said...

lmao.

i really feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Loved the song! A very nice tribute to "your" great take-out place. Could you convince them to stay in biz if you gave up your freebies and paid for all of your entrees?

Rach said...

unfortunately the block they are on is being demolished...

my plan is to make them move into my building so I can go around to their apartment like Nudge from Hey Dad and eat all their food.

Julia said...

No ones does mee grob (yum) in this city of a million and one Thai takeaways, so I extra feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, now I'll have 'The Saga Begins' (which is the same tune by your mentor Weird Al :) in my head all night... which is not necessarily a bad thing.

redcap said...

That's brilliant! You're obviously one of those writers who is inspired by tragedy ;)