Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happiness is a free Springroll

This makes me Happy: After a long shitty day at work, and then a shitty ferry ride home, followed by a shitty gym workout.. nothing peps me up more than going to 3 Times Thai.. (my local Thai Takeaway). They are always happy to see me (no-one is ever happy to see me) They give me discounts (no-one gives me discounts) AND!! recently they have got into the habit of giving me free entrees.

I can't describe the feelings of joy of when I look inside my takeaway bag and see an extra bag of money bags or spring rolls. It's like Christmas!! 3 Times Thai could bring about World Peace. I am the zen centre of the universe after eating there.

This makes me Angry: Wanky Prices at Deli's.. I understand that Deli's think that they have their own rules of business that instill in them the power to charge whatever they like, and that fee can change daily. Today I was at a Deli in Wank-Bay and saw this sign "Prices Depend on Customers Attitude"

So if I blow you with a smile on my face does that mean I get my quiche for free ??

10 comments:

Julia said...

I love supporting a local business, but delis are something else: my local deli (home) charged me $12.50 for 6 thin slices of bog-standard Swiss cheese. WTF?! AND it was more hole than cheese. Never going back there, PLUS she gets a filthy look whenever I walk past. My local deli (work) always has cheese that seems to go completely mouldy within days. It's like a magical illusion - here you have nice shiny cheese, now you have completely moudly fluffy cheese. Gross.

Pomgirl said...

I've never seen a sign like that before, and think I would probably be tempted to see how much a headbutt would hike the price up.

Friendly local takeaways are my favourite thing. Ours keeps giving us free food due to a 'points system' we don't really understand, but suspect it has to do with spending far too much money on takeaways.

Darryn said...

Yes, free quiche -- that's exactly what you get. And if you swallow you get a platter of cold cuts.

Cazzie!!! said...

I love it when our thai place does the same thing for us here in Melb, they are always lovely and they are always dressed to the 9's too. I think they give us freebies coz we got so many kids, and they love their white hair :)
THat deli must be staffed by kids, only kids change the rules as the game is played along..oh, and politicians too :(

Rach said...

mmmm maybe if I have some kids I can reap the benefits of more freebies

that is one reason that none of the emotional blackmailers have tried on me.

free springrolls?? i reckon its worth it.

Sarlaughalot said...

Perhaps a bullet goeth here: http://euphorically.blogspot.com/

I mean really, how postive can one person be? Scary.

Rach said...

whoa.

and here I thought my blog was pointless...

surfercam said...

Rach, You've inspired me today.
http://surfercam.blogspot.com/2006/11/tight-as-frogs-arse.html

surfercam said...

And if anyone can tell me how to post a link in the comment field so you just click on it, I'd be very happy...

redcap said...

Surfercam, I think if you use html tags, it will work. See? Google