Wednesday, November 29, 2006

gone are the days



I miss rollerskating.
I miss the good ol days of having innocent fun.
When doing the limbo was considered 'risky'

There are no rollerskating rinks in Sydney anymore. Such a shame. I even have a pair of skates under my bed waiting in vain for the day when a rich entrepreneur opens one up again.

Why did they die off? Public Liability? How sad to think our children won't ever get to spend their school holidays in a rink.

Bring Back Skating! Bring Back Skating!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents met at a roller-skating rink. Classic seventies romance. How sad that such events are a thing of the past.

Kids in the future will be all, "My parents met on MSN". "Mine met by txting FLIRT to 19 23 56."

Rach said...

ha!

RSVP.com doesnt have the same ring to it does it?

Cazzie!!! said...

Wicked...I just bid for some ol;d retro skates on ebay for my 7yr old..just like the white and red ones I had as a kid. Yep, it is back in again..santa got orders in a letter last week. But, me the mum has to deliver :)

Rach said...

i have red and white ones!!!!!!

high-tops!!!!!

so wish I had somewhere to wear them.

i'm not breaking my neck on the road like a loser.

Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, same as mine were :)

redcap said...

Ha! I've got the red and white boots too! They're in the wardrobe, still in their original box. I've got rollerblades as well, though, which get a bit more use than the classic skates. I heart skating so. It's such a pity I'm so damned unco.

Q said...

There is a roller rink at Richmond, and also one at Nowra, sure long way to go for a roller, but if you have the roller lust....

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up there was a rollerrink in bankstown.

It's gone?

That's so sad.

How about the one in Petersham? I swear it was still open a couple of years ago (maybe because I went there, maybe not)...