Thursday, August 31, 2006

Poxy the Bride

My Mum called up to tell me about some poxy wedding dresses you can buy from China... and they can be 'altered'... yay!

No Thanks! I don't want to get married in a $185 Satin-Spew Nightmare.

Maybe it's just me, but I think you need to respect the dress you get married in.

The first time she got married was in a borrowed dress (whose owner was murdered by her husband.)

Who was surprised that marriage ended in divorce? Not Me. It's not a good omen when the owner of the dress you borrowed, dies, specially at the hands of the one she married in the dress in the first place.

I dont know what she wore to her second wedding - but it was some 'native' Indonesian Fugmonster..again.. second divorce... we all saw that coming.

And now she's looking at Sweat-Shop-Chinese-Satin-Poxy-Nightmare Dresses.

I predict that the third wedding will also end in Divorce... Or at least it will if you wear a cheap dress.

1 comment:

DaisyJo said...

Rach-
Thank you so much! You've just solved a mystery for me! I never thought about it, but now that you mention it, I did go to a discount outlet to buy my wedding dress, and got a cheap asshole for a husband.

Second wedding I borrowed a dress from my mother - Bad Karma Woman! No need to ask how that one ended.