Friday, July 28, 2006

You are NOT The Talking Heads

My building is a NUTHOUSE.

It happens to be called "Beresford House" - which at first I thought was quaint, as it reminded me of Berenstain Bears.

Now I know that "Beresford House" translated means - LOONEY BIN

My next door neighbour was doing his own rendition of 'Psycho Killer' by the Talking Heads, now I love this song - as I used to sing it as a child - cept the words were:

"Pyscho Chicken.. Kiss Kiss Say.. Bok Bok Bok Bok Bok Bok Bok Bok Bok"

What my neighbour doesn't realise is that no-one except the Talking Heads are fit to sing that crazy song at any time.

"Gonna.. Run Run Run Run, Run Run Run Awayyyyyyyyyyyy
Ohhh Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhhhhh
Ieeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

To Summarise: Shut the fuck up Unit 9... Your guitar playing is subpar and you sound like a walrus throwing up.

3 comments:

Steph said...

How sweet is that song? Best listened to when under the influence of heavy drugs.
Your neighbour however, should be shot.

Los said...

Probably my favorite Talking Heads Song.

Your post reminds me of songs I used to get the lyrics wrong to. For instance "Big Ol' Jed Had a Light On." (That was Big Old Jet Airliner."

Enny said...

That was my fav song in Pre-school...

"What's your favourite song, Jenny?"
"Itsy Bitsy Spider"

"What's your favourite song, Mikey?"
"Here we go round the Mulberry bush"

"What's your favourite song, Enny?"
"PSYCHO KILLER"

*True story