Thursday, July 20, 2006

Clueless Tourists

Tourists are both misinformed and optimistic.

As I have said before, I always get accosted on the street for directions, the time, timetables, recommendations, fashion advice ???? I have no idea why, maybe I seem very approachable and knowledgable??

Today was no exception - and I was approached by some Austrian tourists who wanted to "walk" from Double Bay to Paddington.

???? Yeah right Buddy.

Do you have a spare couple of hours??

After I pointed and basically said "you're pretty screwed - you cant walk there from here unless I draw you a map" they then asked for recommendations on a Sushi Restaurant.

"to be honest - Double Bay is kind of shit - i don't know why a tourist would come here - you are roughly 25 years too late, its passed its heyday for sure, but i think there is a crap sushi place down that alley"

??????? Good Luck to em.

No comments: